Denise Goldberg's blog

Three seasons in three days
Sedona 2004

Sunday, February 29, 2004

A twisted road story

...home again

It was an uneventful (though late) flight home...

I was very glad I didn't need to check any baggage in Phoenix because the airport - at least the America West section - was an absolute zoo!

I arrived in Boston, caught a bus to that funky overflow parking lot by the harbor, and headed home. No signs at the airport to tell me the ramp from the Sumner Tunnel to I93 north was closed... I exited the Sumner and headed into the new highway tunnel. What's that? There's a row of orange barrels with a police car behind them blocking the entrance to I-93. Uh oh! The road I'm on now heads to Storrow Drive, definitely not where I wanted to go. I watched the cars in front of me, and just followed their probably illegal maneuver. Look - cars are coming out of the tunnel onto the ramp to Storrow Drive. It turns out that it was (just barely) possible to turn hard left across the ramp traffic leaving I-93 north, and then turn hard right onto I93. I wasn't going to do it, but everyone else did, the ramp traffic was allowing it, and hey - why not!

Home again (safely)...